Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lucky

 Why is it so easy to look at other people and think about how lucky they are? It seems like someone else always has more or things happen more easily for them. Maybe it is childish of me, but I find myself thinking that a lot lately. Okay, it's definitely childish of me! After all, how am I supposed to be a good role model for my son if I spend so much time worrying about what others have and do? 


 I have always been kind of a 'glass half empty' person. In college, when I was pledging a sorority, my pledge name was "Kvetch"- the Yiddish word for "complain". Recently, I've been trying to be a little more positive about things. It takes a lot of work and a lot of humor. AND good friends to listen to my rants! 


  In all honesty, my life turned out so much better than I ever could have dreamed. I live in a wonderful 4 bedroom house in a swim/tennis/golf course community. Thanks to my husband, we are comfortable enough that I am able to stay home with our son. That is something I never saw myself doing, but I love it. I have wonderful friends and family. Most importantly, I have my husband and son. I need to keep reminding myself of all these things whenever I start getting that "grass is always greener" attitude. 


   A few days ago, we were driving back home from visiting my in-laws for Christmas. The sun was shining and hubby and I were holding hands while little A snoozed (and snored!) in his car seat. Suddenly, I felt a rush of happiness. At that moment, it felt like life couldn't get much better. There is something about a sleeping child.....no matter how terrible they are while awake, they look so angelic when sleeping. There was so much love in that car. Cheesy, I know! But...this is what life is about! 



My New Year's resolution is to focus on the positive. Trust me, this is going to be VERY hard for a kvetch like me. Especially trying not to worry about everyone else. Because the truth is, I'm the lucky one. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment